Please note: new time and day, now back to Saturday at 7:30 am in Schellberg Hall.
The MEN'S GROUP is open to all men of the parish who want to understand and be more conversant in their faith. The monthly meetings are informal, comfortable and non-threatening. Through these meetings, the group seeks to:
- grow in and know the love of Christ;
- understand the Catholic viewpoint of current issues;
- challenge their own ideas on issues of faith and morals;
- recognize their own needs as they discuss the truths of the Gospel;
- recognize opportunities for evangelization in their daily lives;
- provide outreach to people within the parish as determined by the group.
The topics for discussion include current issues and events which are discussed from a Catholic perspective and their impact on our Christian life and our Church. The Gospel of the weekend is read, reviewed, and applied to and for the particpants as they pursue holiness. The leadership role is assumed in each meeting by the men.
The MEN'S GROUP also makes itself available to assist other Church ministries with manpower requirements in special situations.
The one-hour meetings are held in St. Francis Hall at the Rectory every third Saturday of the month at 7:30 am. (Check calendar for holiday schedule.)
WE ENCOURAGE ALL ADULT MALES IN THE PARISH TO PAY US A VISIT FOR A FEW SESSIONS TO "TRY IT OUT. "We welcome new members to this important ministry.